Aqua 1 Well & Pump. Inc. is proud to provide the following services to our clients:
- Water well drilling for potable (drinking), irrigation and geothermal use.
- 1 ¼” to 6” PVC wells
- Artesian Wells
- Gravel Packed Wells
- Shallow Wells
- Geothermal Wells
- Water to Air Heat Pump Wells
- Well Abandonment
- Well Chlorination
- Wellhead Repairs
- Well Inspections
- Well Pump Testing
- Well Rehabilitation
- Well Water Testing
- Pump installation and service
- Maintenance on well and pump equipment
We strive to do the best quality work in our community at an affordable price.
Pump Priming Procedure
FIRST: Turn pump off electrically at circuit breaker or other power supply.
CAUTION!! Open faucet to drain pressure in line before removing discharge plug to avoid injury or damage!
- Remove plug from top (discharge) of pump.
- Fill pump casing with water until water is at top rim of pump housing.
- Replace plug in pump.
- Shut off valves and/or faucet to house.
- Turn pump back on electrically and allow motor to run for one (1) minute, partially open valve/faucet for a few seconds and allow air in lines to escape, then shut the valve/faucet. Continue opening and closing the valve/faucet intermittently until pump picks up prime. Repeat procedure starting at step 1.
NOTE: Pump priming can be delayed or made impossible by such factors as distance from well or water supply. Leaks on suction side of pump will cause pump not to pick up prime and constant air coming through without pump priming generally points to air leaks or well problems. Pump should not be run electrically for any length of time without water in pump housing.
If you have an existing system, feel free to call us. We will try to troubleshoot your problem over the phone saving you a service call. Some issues may be resolved easily, such as an adjustment or a tripped circuit breaker.